About the Role
About The Job
UrbanMetry is recruiting a mobile enthusiast to complement our family of engineers, to help guide a nascent mobile product that we are developing.
We want to work with talents who are not just bright and energetic, but possess high EQ and strong ethics, with the compassion to embrace diversity in all forms.
Please note that this is a full-time position based in Petaling Jaya. Hybrid work is an option. All candidates need to complete a code challenge before proceeding to the next step of the hiring process.
What You Will Do
As a mobile engineer, you will:
• design and develop mobile applications for the Android and/or iOS platforms.
• work closely with product managers and colleagues from other teams in the company to scope the mobile design and technical aspects of product feature requests.
• architect your work with abstraction, performance and scalability in mind.
• uphold high engineering standards and bring consistency to our many processes and workflows.
• conduct peer-based code reviews with members of your team.
• when appropriate, lay the groundworks for early-stage products that can iteratively evolve and scale.
• at times, act as a mentor to your colleagues who are looking for guidance.
• ideally, at least 5 years experience in software development with 2 years in Android or iOS development.
• solid understanding of Computer Science concepts.
• expertise in any programming language, but must be willing to work with Dart.
• advance knowledge in API integration.
• working knowledge in Flutter.
• published at least one application on App Store or Play Store.
• familiarity with RDBMS; Postgresql is preferred.
• familiarity with SDLC, Agile and devops best practices.
⦁ Birthday leave! (Because you shouldn't be working on your birthday)
⦁ Medical insurance reimbursement (includes medical outpatient claims)
⦁ Work gadget allowance
⦁ Lifestyle and mental health allowance (yes, that covers your gym membership!)
⦁ Public transport allowance
⦁ Upskilling and learning opportunities
⦁ Fun company activities (online gaming squad, book club, mushroom farming, climbing, painting, embroidery, hiking, and more!)
⦁ Unlimited pantry snacks and drinks
About the Company
What We Do
At UrbanMetry, we take pride in empowering the private and public sectors to build better cities, and shape a sustainable urban environment.
Who We Are
UrbanMetry is at its heart a bunch of nerdy folks who care deeply about doing The Right Thing for the greater common good.
While we view ourselves as a constant work in progress, we are driven to persistently improve our processes and products, in the pursuit of excellence. We trust our colleagues to deliver and to hold each other accountable for the quality of our contributions to the company and society at large.
We are curious to learn and muster sufficient courage to experiment on new ideas, while having fun doing it.
UrbanMetry's talents are diverse and versatile as our work demands us to adapt to changing landscapes through cross-functional collaborations.
Urbanmetry is seeking to win the data intelligence game in the housing and city planning industry. To succeed, we are always on the lookout for candidates who have a myriad of weapons in their arsenal.
We are a nerdy bunch but if you love data and/or cities, drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maybe it is a start to a new adventure with us.