About the Role
About The Job
UrbanMetry is recruiting software engineers with web full-stack or backend experience. Our tech stack is predominantly Ruby, with Python for AI/ML running on AWS. Our development environment is strictly Linux.
We want to work with talents who are not just bright and energetic, but possess high EQ and strong ethics, with the compassion to embrace diversity in all forms.
Please note that this is a full-time position based in Petaling Jaya. Hybrid work is an option. All candidates MUST complete a code challenge below before proceeding to the next step of the hiring process.
What You Will Do
• design, build and maintain web-based APIs, products and services predominantly in the Ruby programming language.
• architect your work with abstraction, performance and scalability in mind.
• work closely with product managers and colleagues from other teams in the company to scope the technical aspects of product feature requests.
• write technical specifications that relate to everything that you design and build.
• uphold high engineering standards and bring consistency to our many processes and workflows.
• participate in peer-based code reviews with members of your team.
• 3-5 years experience in both frontend and backend, and anything else that complements the role.
• solid working knowledge in Ruby, but is generally agnostic about programming languages.
• solid working knowledge of Linux systems.
• solid working knowledge in RDBMS. Familiarity with Postgresql is preferred.
⦁ Birthday leave! (Because you shouldn't be working on your birthday)
⦁ Medical insurance reimbursement (includes medical outpatient claims)
⦁ Work gadget allowance
⦁ Lifestyle and mental health allowance (yes, that covers your gym membership!)
⦁ Public transport allowance
⦁ Upskilling and learning opportunities
⦁ Fun company activities (online gaming squad, book club, mushroom farming, climbing, painting, embroidery, hiking, and more!)
⦁ Unlimited pantry snacks and drinks
About the Company
What We Do
At UrbanMetry, we take pride in empowering the private and public sectors to build better cities, and shape a sustainable urban environment.
Who We Are
UrbanMetry is at its heart a bunch of nerdy folks who care deeply about doing The Right Thing for the greater common good.
While we view ourselves as a constant work in progress, we are driven to persistently improve our processes and products, in the pursuit of excellence. We trust our colleagues to deliver and to hold each other accountable for the quality of our contributions to the company and society at large.
We are curious to learn and muster sufficient courage to experiment on new ideas, while having fun doing it.
UrbanMetry's talents are diverse and versatile as our work demands us to adapt to changing landscapes through cross-functional collaborations.
Urbanmetry is seeking to win the data intelligence game in the housing and city planning industry. To succeed, we are always on the lookout for candidates who have a myriad of weapons in their arsenal.
We are a nerdy bunch but if you love data and/or cities, drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maybe it is a start to a new adventure with us.